Night Shift Supervisor
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Night Shift Supervisor provides leadership and direction within the Logistics department, to the Logistics Specialists and others within their assigned groups, on a daily basis to ensure all activities are being performed according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) procedures. The incumbent is expected to create a culture of disciplined execution and a high level of professionalism for their team while ensuring employee and process safety at all times.
The Night Shift Supervisor possesses the knowledge of the various areas of Receiving, Shipping Warehousing, Raw Material Sampling, Forward Pick Area, and Inventory Control. Defines and implements procedures within your area of responsibility ensuring alignment to the quality system. Represents the Logistics operation during customer meetings and audits / regulatory inspections. Implements appropriate tracking tools to ensure the achievement of all department Key Performance Indicators (KPI)’s.
- Effectively supervise groups within Logistics to ensure all customer requirements are met and performed safely and within GMP guidelines.
- Accountable for the completion of daily sample shipments as well as scheduled final product shipments, to include all required documentation. Oversees completion of quality records for changes to shipping processes from validations and customer requests.
- Maintain audit readiness within the Shipping Area. Receiving Area specific focus for the supervisor.
- Review receiving job descriptions, responsibilities and expectations.
- Provide guidance on escalation process. Review processes to ensure adherence to policy and adjust accordingly.
- Review daily workload to ensure adequate availability of resources. Ensure the development, updates and maintenance of SOP’s and work instructions are complete and can be/are followed. Review daily activities to ensure they are value added to company. Maintain audit readiness within the Receiving Area. Raw Materials Sampling Area specific focus for the supervisor
- Ensure the timely delivery of quality samples as well as continuous audit readiness within the Raw Material Sampling areas.
- Maintain audit readiness within the RM Sampling Area Forward Pick Area
- Responsible for ensuring that material allocations for the daily production schedule are completed daily.
- Ensure that material returns from manufacturing are processed in a timely manner. Maintain audit readiness within the Forward Pick Area
- Review Inventory Controls job descriptions, responsibilities and expectations and ensure employees.
- Provide guidance on escalation process.
- Review processes to ensure adherence to policy and adjust accordingly.
- Review transactions (i.e. Cycle Counts) and provide direction on how to handle root cause and corrective actions.
- Ensure the development, updates and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOP)’s and work Instructions are complete and can be/are followed.
- Review SAP transactions to ensure clear segregation of responsibilities.
- Review daily activities to ensure they are value added to company.
- Maintain audit readiness within Inventory Control.
- Oversee the on time delivery of materials to the requester.
- Ensures timely processing of returns.
- Review Inventory accuracy.
- Maintain audit readiness within the Warehouse areas. Develop Logistics Specialists in order that they are trained in all areas of warehouse operations as noted on their specific job description.
- Develop new strategies and improve on current processes in support the changing environment within PP&L.
- Ensure the Logistics area is inspection ready at all times. Complete ongoing Employee Health & Safety (EHS) chemical awareness training.
- Other duties as required
- Advanced years’ progressive experience within Logistics.
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, International trade or related major preferred
- Significant experience in Biological/Pharma industry, importation/exportation experience preferred
- Experience supervising logistics groups
- Knowledgeable in SAP, Microsoft office,
- Experience performing to GMP standards and practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot (root cause analysis) and resolve problems, strong written and verbal skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.