Associate Director, Global HR Business Partner, Mammalian/ DPS Stein
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this exciting and highly dynamic HR role, you will be responsible for supporting two areas within Lonza, each in 50% capacity:
Global HRBP Mammalian
The global HRBP Mammalian leads all People aspects and provides Strategic HR partnership to the global BU Mammalian LT members. The role ensures that a sustainable organization for the future is being established within a growing and dynamic environment, focusing on establishing high performance teams and working closely with the business on culture and respective change management.
Site / Local HRBP Drug Product Services (DPS) ,Stein
The HRBP for DPS is responsible for implementing and localizing the global HR Strategy in line with Business units and local needs. This includes a significant growth and hiring agenda. The role has overall responsibility to manage all HR processes and initiatives on site effectively, including hiring, coaching/counseling to line mgmt., talent management, team development, labor & employee relations and other day to day HR responsibilities.
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with BU LT and Site Leadership members, internal clients across the sites / global HR network to ensure seamless HR strategic business partnering
- Ability to craft and execute short term and long term HR strategy in line with business goals and global Vision
- Continually challenges the business, instigating and leading projects that improve organization, team and individual effectiveness including delivery and facilitation of high performance, organizational effectiveness & design, organization capability, talent management, engagement, processes and culture
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop senior leaders to achieve their full potential
- Accountable to ensure that all people aspects are managed in alignment with state and local law
- To provide support and guidance to the site to mitigate risk to the business and promote good employee relations
- Responsible for reaching the global strategic HR objectives (HR metrics including respective action plans to reach the site specific organizational targets)
- Several years of experience as an HR Business partner within international human resources context (ideally experience in the pharmaceutical/manufacturing industry)
- Proven experience in an international company including HR operating model with outsourcing, centralized HR Services as well as matrix structure
- Deep and broad understanding of different aspects of HR, including the ability to use information and analytics to create and deliver appropriate people and improvement plans
- Excellent communication skills in English and German
- Demonstrable success in leading People Agenda as well as working in an international environment / matrix
- Demonstrated ability to influence business stakeholders at a senior level to adopt appropriate HR strategies that support the business agenda, using a variety of influencing styles.
- Relationship management – ability to forge relationships at all levels and able to influence and persuade with a credible HR voice
- Experience of coaching senior leaders, assessing their potential and accelerating their development
- Pro-active thinker who has a continuous improvement mind-set
- Be comfortable dealing with change and ambiguity as well as high resilience and tenacity is important
- Ability and willingness to manage both strategic and operational HR activity with robust decision making capability
- Commercial Awareness and Acumen – ability to add value to the business in broad capacity, not just HR
- Having a business focus with the ability to grasp quickly business context and impact
- Holding others accountable (without a direct reporting line) and leading by example
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.