QC Group Leader- In Process Testing
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Quality Control Group Leader- In Process Testing to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
As a QC Group Leader you will be responsible for managing a team of up to 8 direct reports to deliver high quality in‑process testing and cleaning validation support to manufacturing ensuring on time delivery. You’ll be expected to effectively support and develop team members to deliver the assigned work and goals in accordance with EHS and GMP requirements using lean lab principles.
- Manage team performance, recruitment and retention.
- Schedule work activities and ensure team meet manufacturing timelines and 20% project work (e.g. cleanability studies, harvest profiles) per month.
- Ensure team have development plans aligned to department goals.
- Support customer project work as required and identified by line manager.
- Maintain full compliance with safety and quality policies and support investigations as required.
- Coach and develop team members in analytical and compliance aspects.
- Ensure great level of communication with cross functional areas.
- Identify and implement improvements using lean lab principles.
What we need you to have:
- Degree or equivalent - preferred area of study: Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Biological Sciences
- Extensive experience in in process testing of biopharmaceuticals or in a similar analytical field.
- Knowledge of in process testing or an excellent general knowledge of biopharmaceutical analysis
- Demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to drive performance across a team
- Experience of line managing a team, allocating work and ensuring it is scheduled appropriately, problem-solving obstacles to ensure the whole team delivers
- Proven ability to deliver multiple projects to timeline and within budget.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.