Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is hiring for a Automations Engineer. This individual will support ongoing Lonza operations through technical assistance as it relates to the manufacturing and process systems. They will also provide technical support to operation’s customers to ensure that equipment and facilities are designed and operating optimally to meet production needs. This individual will act as subject matter expert in site support on automation related issues and will help design, select and implement new process automation technologies.
- Develop technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and process control systems.
- Manage equipment breakdowns and quality issues in operational/process suites, suggest and implement improvements to minimize future instances.
- Provide SME support to Manufacturing and other departments for the design and operation of process equipment.
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing equipment and process control systems utilizing historian data analyses, CIP/SIP circuit review, flow path analyses, logic review/troubleshooting, etc.
- Assist with tech transfer of new processes into the facility.
- Participates in IPT/JPT meetings and customer ad hoc meetings as Automation and Controls SME.
- Represents group at Manufacturing Engineering DMS meetings.
- Participates in audits and inspections as Automation Engineeering SME.
- Planning and execution of plant projects involving complex automation changes and significant process improvements including lump sum capital projects.
- Execute test scripts (design , execution, simulation, validation support and SAT).
- Own change requests and complete change request tasks to support project completion.
- Perform change request assessments.
- Programming Distributed Control Systems (Everson Delta V, Siemens Building Management Systems and Factory Talk) and PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens and GE etc.)
- Wiring and troubleshooting electrical cabinets, signals and sensors
- Support plant communications network (Ethernet IP, Devicenet and Modbus etc)
- Bachelor of Science in electrical or chemical engineering.
- Pharma/Biotech experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Managing small and medium projects with little direction.
- Able to interact with contractors, consultants and other resources as required.
- Microsoft Office, organization skills, record keeping and the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.