Quality Control Cell Therapy Supervisor
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Control Cell Therapy Supervisor will act as a lead team member of the Quality Control department to support testing and release of Cell Therapy products. Organizes and plans quality testing for ongoing operational needs. Provide on-time, high quality results to meet customer demands. The QC Supervisor is responsible for ensuring and providing a safe work environment to the staff in the execution of their work duties. The incumbent is expected to create a culture of disciplined execution and a high level of professionalism for their team while remaining focused on product quality and patient safety. The supervisor ensures safety procedures are communicated uniformly to all staff. Works on assignments that non-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Works on problems of advanced technical scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Scheduling and Planning of routine testing
- Assay/Documentation/Quality System Review
- Attending department related meetings
- Independently drive projects to on-time completion
- Resolving personnel issues and conflicts, troubleshooting, problem solving issues
- Leading Operational Excellence initiatives, Improvements, Helping with Transfers, hiring of staff
- Mentoring and leading direct reports
- Bachelor degree and/or Advanced Graduate degree (MS/PhD)- Preferred area of study: Microbiology, Biochemistry or equivalent Science Field
- Preferred intermediate to advanced years in a GMP/Professional environment
- Ideally intermediate plus years direct supervisory experience.
- Experience with flow cytometry and PCR preferred.
- Potential previous use of GMP Quality Systems such as: TrackWise, LIMS
- Ability to interpret data and troubleshoot assays in area of expertise.
- Ability to prioritize work load for group and problem solve. Changes work within their group quickly in unexpected situations.
- Excellent ability to communicate in both written and verbal format.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.