Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is an Analytical Chemist position that is tasked with performing test procedures as required to determine the quality of raw materials, in-process materials and finished products as well as assuring compliance with company standards and specifications, government regulations, and cGMP’s and GLP’s.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws and regulations.
- Train, and demonstrate proficiency, on primary laboratory processes and instrumentation.
- Train on, and execute testing of, raw materials and finished goods following written in-house and compendial procedures.
- Maintain accurate and complete logbooks, verification logs and user logs following good laboratory documentation practices.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and/or requalification of analytical instrumentation.
- After proficiency is established, operate analytical instruments; HPLC, ICP, GC, UV/Vis, HPTLC, FTIR and automatic titrator, to release raw materials, product development samples and finished goods.
- Conduct laboratory activities with moderate supervision.
- Write/revise Standard Operating Procedures and execute special projects, as required.
- Prioritize workload to align with the needs of the business.
- Conduct and document Out of Specification investigations, as necessary.
- Peer review laboratory data generated by other chemists.
- Bachelors in Chemistry or Biology (with strong lab experience)
- Working in a cGMP laboratory supporting manufacturing operations
- Maintain good laboratory practices following ISO and cGMP guidelines
- Adhere to all laboratory and plant safety procedures
- HPLC (Required)
- GC (Required)
- FTIR (Required)
- Wet Chemistry (Required)
- ICP-MS (Preferred)
- Good written and oral abilities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.