MSAT Technology Transfer Scientist
MSAT Technology Transfer Scientist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for an MSAT Technology Transfer Scientist to join our team. The position has the flexibility to work both from home and at our offices in Slough, as required.
The role of the Tech Transfer Scientist's primary purpose is to independently lead the technical transfer of multiple concurrent manufacturing processes (either USP and/or DSP) using a defined structured approach between Process Development, through Pilot stage to cGMP Manufacturing. The role will be a recognized process expert able to provide detailed technical support via multiple customer project teams to deliver the required complex technical process documentation in collaboration, negotiation and discussion with external customers as well as other internal cross functional team members providing oversight through to a robust capable cGMP scale process. This role will have an established internal network and have influence and credibility across operations in area of expertise and with MSAT team management. In addition, the role will act as a coach/mentor to other team members and also cross functionally as an SME in certain aspects of process operations.
- Represents and is an influential MSAT representative within multiple customer facing product project teams using a standard methodology/procedure to successfully transfer both defined as well as complex process stages either into USP and/or DSP cGMP Manufacturing from Development through Pilot scale facilities. Be accountable for the management of technical risks associated with process transfer, identification & introduction of new raw materials for pilot and production scale batches and work cross functionally to ensure communication of all critical process and technical information such that projects meet the required deadlines/customer outcomes. Actively communicates, presents data, negotiates and collaborates with the customer via both face to face meeting and teleconferences.
- Accountable for independent 24/7 on plant technical support, process monitoring and complex data analysis. Responsible for delivering effective operator training for critical unit/process operations and off line completion of quality actions (e.g., deviations, change controls, CAPAs) working effectively in cross functional teams to deliver improvements to required outcomes.
- Contributes to the immediate resolution of identified manufacturing process issues through use of knowledge and experience, leading RCA procedures to ensure continuous improvements are made to the cGMP Manufacturing processes and operations. Will work with SMEs to develop knowledge base, deepen process understanding and also advise as needed junior level team members on specific technical problem resolution through sharing key knowledge.
- Proactively anticipates, evaluates and resolves technical challenges within area of expertise. Is self-managed in preventing deviations in unit operations including interaction and strong communication with both internal and external team(s) resources to achieve successful outcomes and to facilitate continual learning through experience. Understands and looks to introduce new technologies and how they may be applicable to process innovation, cost or yield improvement.
What we are looking for:
- Recognised expert in a field of relevance e.g. USP and/or DSP operations from working in a cGMP environment. Ability to technically understand complex non routine unit operations with a proven track record of successful technical transfer expertise. Has a deep understanding of manufacturing process as a whole.
- A role model in demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to work cross functionally both with internal and external customers. Experience in working in cross functional project management and technical transfer activities with ability to multi task, prioritize and be an effective decision maker.
- Laboratory development or a manufacturing operations background
- PhD or equivalent in Biological science or biochemical engineering disciplines
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.