Materials Planning Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is looking for a Materials Planning Manager. This individual is accountable for consistent supply of purchased direct materials to support Walkersville/RTP production schedules, customer service levels, and inventory targets. Under direction of the Supply Chain Director and in collaboration with Strategic and Category Procurement, the Material Planning Manager is responsible for direct supervision of Operational Buyers and MRP Planners in order to maintain site vendor relationships, place and manage purchase orders, resolve supply disruptions and pricing issues, process vendor change notifications and specification changes, qualify new materials, support timely receipt of materials and answer related AP questions.
- Drive fulfillment of optimal Material Requirements Plan and target inventory levels, ensuring proper maintenance and use of MRP data and adherence to SOPs.
- Oversee and guide buyers in identifying and mitigating key raw material supply risks.
- Prioritize and organize team activities to support timely execution of document changes, new material qualifications and issue resolution.
- Develop organized collaboration with Production Planning, Order Fulfillment and other stakeholders.
- Maintain development plans for each team member and monitor progress on a regular basis.
- Assist in development and tracking of Planning and Purchasing KPIs.
- Support Operational Buyers in strengthening key vendor relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain is required.
- Customer Service mindset.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn, flexible.
- Ability to lead and develop a team, strength of character to have difficult conversation.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to organize and manage detail while maintaining broader context perspective.
- Hands on, recent SAP experience in a Purchasing/Procurement or Supply Chain role.
- Working knowledge of general business processes.
- Experience in cGMP environment desirable (Bio Tech a plus).
- Hands on Microsoft Office experience – analysis in Excel.
- APICs certification desirable.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.