Social Media Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the company's social media presence supports overall company goals and is fully integrated with communications and marketing efforts across the organization. The Social Media specialist coordinates with different functions and teams across the company including internal communications, marketing communications, HR and sites to develop, support and grow the company's brand awareness and online reputation.
- Implements the global corporate social media strategy, in line with overall company goals
- Responsible for daily posting, management and measurement of Lonza’s social media channels
- Builds and executes global social media campaigns to develop and foster online brand awareness and reputation
- Collaborates closely with the marketing and recruitment teams to strategize, define and implement social campaigns to meet commercial and recruiting goals (SEO, cultivation of leads and sales, new talent)
- Manages the corporate social media budget and takes responsibility for appropriate resource allocation across all channels
- Oversees execution of paid media campaigns to ensure highest return on investment
- Oversees social media monitoring to identify new opportunities and identify areas of concern
- Global Internal Brand Advocacy Programs - Initiates and leads internal global employee programs and projects aimed at increasing internal brand advocacy and employee engagement
- A minimum of two years' experience in the field of global social media management and communication (preferably in B2B company)
- Advanced understanding and in-depth knowledge of social networks, online marketing, paid social and digital media
- Proven experience leading successful global social media campaigns and day-to-day management of social media channels
- Experience in sourcing and managing content development and publishing (including proficiency with social media management tools such as Meltwater or similar)
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO, including keyword research and Google Analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be able to communicate clear, consistent messages across a variety of media
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial mentality who has a passion for brand storytelling
- Strong interpersonal skills to work alongside a diverse group of colleagues including senior executives
- Exhibits sound judgement, strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining quality of output
- Fluency in English, German preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.