Associate Director - Strategic Marketing (Mammalian)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Associate Director of Strategic Marketing is responsible for building marketing strategies to maximize the growth of the Mammalian business and drive demand generation. In addition, they will support the Mammalian business unit’s short and long-term objectives to ensure marketing and communication strategies deliver on defined goals.
- Develop marketing plans and go to market strategies to drive awareness and demand generation of existing and new Mammalian offerings. Develop value proposition and related launch plans in collaboration with key stakeholders such as commercial development, R&D, Operations. Identify customer needs and segments, competitions & differentiation, value proposition and messaging.
- Develop actionable insight from market data, competitor activity and industry reports to develop a comprehensive market landscape for specific offerings
- Responsible for measuring and delivering strong ROI across strategic marketing plans
- Support new technology assessment programs in conjunction with appropriate internal teams
- Collaborate with Strategic marketers of Mammalian BU to develop and execute Mammalian awareness and demand generation campaigns
- Partner with commercial development and sales teams to ensure the marketing plan is executed in a timely fashion and in alignment with the needs of the BD and AM. Ensure effective sales enablement such as trainings and customer presentations.
- Educated to Masters level in Life Sciences related field
- MBA/Chartered Institute – Marketing
- Extensive marketing experience in a similar field (regulated industry)
- Written and Spoken English to fluent level
- Proven experience in Product Management
- Proven experience in Project Management
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.