Implementation Manager - Global Analytical Development
Implementation Manager, Global Analytical Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for an Implementation Manager, Global Analytical Development to join our Global Biologics Operations. The position has the flexibility to work both from home and at our offices in Slough, as required.
The newly formed Global Analytical Development (AD) Team will support the Biologics Operations strategy. It will also support the new technology introduction that we forecast in the coming years, with accelerated timelines. This team will have a close interface with R&D and Corporate Group Operations supporting our global improvement agenda. The technical diversity, strong teamwork and cross functional collaboration in a fast paced working environment makes the AD roles dynamic, exciting and rewarding offering excellent personal and professional development within the function and across the global biologics network.
The role of the Implementation Manager is:
- To identify and implement new analytical technologies within Analytical Development through to Quality Control
- In conjunction with the Strategic Lead and Head of Global Analytical Development, create a technology roadmap for Global Analytical Development
- To develop and support a culture of innovation and improvement via automation and new emerging technologies
- Lead the consistent, global rollout of new analytical technologies and methods
- Establish a roadmap for investment and technological advancement within Global Analytical Development
- Create and lead networks of technical SMEs for key analytical techniques
- Promote Lonza’s analytical capabilities at national and international events
- Mentor and support Lonza’s emerging and top analytical technical leaders
What we are looking for:
- 15+ years’ proven experience in analytical operations and development experience. Experience of managing and leading operational teams.
- Experience of working with multi-disciplined teams both within and between sites.
- Good understanding of analytical development requirements for clinical and commercial products.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering results, through teams, supporting the business strategy / objectives.
- Demonstrate track record in department and people leadership and professional integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective cross-functional communicator.
- Acts as a technical leader across functions with excellent communication skills both oral and written – approachable and respected
- Global focus & well-developed networking, connection to other sites and technologies
- BSc / MSc / PhD in Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical or closely related area of study
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.