Head, Printing & Finishing
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have the exciting opportunity to lead the printing & finishing department at the Bornem, Belgium hard capsule manufacturing site, as Head of Printing & Finishing. Assuring Quality, Safety and Output performance remains in line with Lonza business needs.
- Follow-up of daily activities and business objectives. Controlling and recording of main parameters and daily check on the shop floor.
- Improve the organizational effectiveness of operators and Shift Supervision by coaching, Supervisors meetings, toolbox meetings and communication sessions.
- All activities and responsibilities to be compliant and in line with EH&S, GMP, ISO and IPEC.
- Back-up responsibilities for the print supervisor (daily follow up of printing performance and review of possible issues)
- Provides technical and developmental coaching to all staff members within the department organization.
- Perform other duties that are aligned with the incumbent’s skills, experience and competencies as assigned. These other duties can’t compromise the employee’s wellbeing and workload.
- Master degree or similar in Civil, Industrial or Chemistry Engineer
- In-depth understanding of concepts and principles in own discipline and a basic knowledge of these elements in other disciplines
- In-depth understanding of how own area integrates within the sub-function and basic commercial awareness.
- Management responsibilities for team of professionals (includes people, budget and planning)
- Evaluates situations using multiple sources of information
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills used to direct/persuade/influence others
- Good GMP knowledge
- Fluent in use of standard software packages
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.