Advanced Equipment Technician
Advanced Equipment Technician
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Advanced Equipment Technician performs setup for all proprietary electronic inspection technology at the beginning of each production order to ensure a robust setup. Ensures that the equipment is maximizing product quality and output while minimizing false rejections. Supports ongoing operations through troubleshooting and optimizing the performance of assigned technologies. Must be able to perform electronic and mechanical interventions, change and troubleshoot parts, and miscellaneous production equipment as needed. Must be able to diagnose software and operating systems such as Windows applications and demonstrate an aptitude with customized software programs.
- Responsible for the technical set up and troubleshooting of electronic and mechanical sorting equipment.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, tunes, and repairs custom-developed proprietary camera inspection technologies with little to no supervision.
- Performs customer order changeover activities on specialized equipment.
- Must be able to use critical thinking skills to diagnose equipment performance and product quality to determine proper setup of the equipment and manufacturing lines.
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance on all sorting equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Knowledgeable of Windows software, replacement of single board computers, and hard drives as needed.
- Be able to work as a team player in a high pressure environment for extended periods of time.
- Responsible for keeping accurate and up-to-date records on all equipment.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and orderly.
- Must be able to work a shift schedule, which may include weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- Must be able to apply OSHA and NEC codes at all times.
- Be able to climb and work from ladders and be physically able to lift and carry objects weighing 30 to 50 pounds.
- Responsible for communicating if inventory of electronic sorting equipment parts are needed for re-order.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner with a positive attitude
- Ability to work with little to no direction
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.