Viral Vector Point of Contact
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity in Viral Vector Therapy. The Manufacturing Suite Point of Contact is to act as a controller, providing essential duties to support the Filling suites, Supervisor and Manager. This position allows both the Supervisor(s) and the Manager to be present on the floor; to oversee critical operations, coach and develop their teams, and ensure systems and activities are set up and working to deliver expected results under minimal direction.
- Provide on the floor support for respective area, Supervisor(s) and Manager
- Work cross-functionally with Scheduling to identify and plan for any non-routine suite and equipment windows needed
- Coordinate support function requirements during operations (FE,QA,QC,etc.)
- Provide response to MSAT/Customer process related inquiries
- Coordinate placement and removal of quality tag-outs.
- Own suite specific planning schedule
- Coordinate with PM’s to align all fill projects into a master schedule
- Ensure materials are requested and prepped for upcoming activities
- Plan changeover cleanings and suite return to service
- Coordinate work across shifts
- Collaborate with area leaders to ensure the resources are available to support above deliverables at requested times
- Confirm operator training status
- Support immediate triage response
- Aide in troubleshooting
- Attend cross-functional meetings to provide input into path forward
- Own immediate Mfg. follow-up actions (ie. batch record redlines)
- Provide detailed communication to suite and provide input into deviation investigation.
- Supported by the manager, own and drive major investigations (contaminations, etc)
- Administrative tasks
- Attend shift exchange and daily production meetings,
- Other tasks as required, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent with Associates degree
- High School Diploma or Equivalent may be considered with relevant experience
- Individual must have experience working in a GMP or similar setting, familiarity with Manufacturing environments and previous exposure to planning/scheduling tools
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.