Manufacturing Science and Technology MSAT Laboratory Scientist I
Manufacturing Science and Technology Lab Scientist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for an Associate Lab Scientist to join our Manufacturing Sciences and Technology team (MSAT).
This person is responsible for execution of laboratory based studies or execution of assays with minimal supervisory direction. This person has experience with execution of one or two study types or analytical method types and is capable of acting as a study director for a lab study. The individual is capable of deriving study conclusions with more complex data analysis and ensuring the scientific integrity of study conclusions. The incumbent performs a variety of routine work within established policies and procedures, and receives detailed instructions on new projects and assignments. The supervisor provides general supervision and oversight, as this level of scientist is expected to have a good grasp of the requirements of the role.
The individual is expected to be a subject matter expert in at least one aspect of the role (USP, DSP, Analytics), and it is expected that questions on tasks or issues will be raised by this individual when clarification or greater technical expertise is required.
- Execution of MSAT laboratory studies in the Downstream Cell Culture Lab in support of cGMP activities at manufacturing scale.
- Quality document generation coming out of such studies and data analyses.
- Coordinate with various internal and external stakeholders to effectively communicate study plans and outcomes to maintain commercial manufacturing timelines.
- Being able to contribute at an individual level as well as part of an organized team in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering.
- Prior biotech industry experience in Process Development and Process Scale-up / Scale-down, Manufacturing is preferred.
- Working experience with basic knowledge of cell biology, cell culture, scale up and mass transfer, bioreactor operation, disc stack centrifugation and filtration is highly preferred.
- Working experience in aseptic technique and familiarity with mammalian cell culture.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.