Summer Internship- Manufacturing, Science and Technology (MSAT)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position will immerse the individual in daily operations at Lonza as an MSAT Scientist. The individual will be responsible for providing support to the MSAT Laboratories or to manufacturing processes, together with other department initiatives. The individual will perform assigned duties according to specified procedures. A variety of routine work will be performed within established procedures and detailed instruction on the projects and assignments will be provided.
- Process Technical Support: Performs some of the process support functions associated, with supervision, e.g. develop process understanding, modify / review Process Descriptions and Batch Records, author / review planned deviations and change controls, perform process monitoring (manufacturing data summary and analysis, data presentation), author campaign summary reports, perform activities for lot release (assess minor deviations and process changes), author Process Protocols and Summary Reports, perform laboratory experiments.
- Problem Solving / Data Analysis: Assess minor deviations, quality events, and investigations with assistance. Performs intermediate level data analysis such as non-standard calculations, means comparison, control charting.
- Documentation and Change assessments: Assist in the author and review process descriptions, definitive formulations, batch records, raw material listings, protocols and reports.
- Represent MSAT: Represents MSAT on project teams and interfaces with customer technical and quality representatives. Represents MSAT on internal teams (e.g. Daily Management System meetings.)
- Training: Follows all training and policy guidelines established for the facility as well as all cGMP requirements. Ensures employee training profile is up to date at all times by regular monitoring of training lists (e.g. ComplianceWire, SAP Learning Portal) and completing all training in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of sophomore year (typically 60 credits)
- Must be working towards a BS or MS degree in a related field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4) required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.