Summer Internship- Manufacturing/Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
- Performs all work safely and meets the requisite training requirements.
- Develop technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and processes
- Support resolution of major equipment breakdowns and quality issues in the suites
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing equipment and processes including PI data analyses, etc.
- Assist with modifying/developing preventative maintenance plans and creating spare parts
- Assist with the planning and execution of plant projects involving equipment changes and process improvements
- Assist with the execution of commissioning protocols (installation, operation, CIP/SIP, wet testing) with support and guidance from supervisor
- Assist with completion of CAPA actions
- Review Engineering related SOP’s, work instructions, and maintenance assessments/procedures, equipment/process changes, error prevention activities, etc.
- At a minimum, completion of sophomore year (typically 60 credits)
- Must working towards a BS or MS a degree in an Engineering Discipline (Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4) required
- Must be able to begin Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
Our Lonza Portsmouth site is a clinical-to-commercial, multi-product manufacturing facility located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, only 56 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts. The site, which employs over 1,000 employees, is a custom manufacturer of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins using mammalian cell culture.
We offer an onsite cafeteria, unlimited coffee (hot, iced and lattes), as well as a delicious outdoor grill in the summer. The city of Portsmouth is a quintessential New England seaport town, home to many restaurants, breweries, museums, and theaters. The ocean and mountains are nearby and we have major cities close by (Boston, Portland, and Manchester).
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.