Summer Internship Program- Quality Assurance
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are actively recruiting candidates to participate in our 2022 On-site Summer Internship program. This program is roughly 12 weeks in length and will immerse you into the culture and operations of Lonza Portsmouth.
As a Quality Assurance intern, you will learn skills such as metrics tracking and reporting for the Quality Assurance department, Lot Genealogy compiling within the electronic batch record system and other office-based skills to gain business experience in the biopharma world.
- Gain an understanding of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) related to biopharmaceutical drug manufacture
- Participate in internal Quality Meetings
- Assist in generating Quality Metrics
- Assist with generating agendas for Quality meetings
- Participate in routine audits
- Lead and/or participate in continuous improvement projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of junior year (typically 90 credits) towards a B.S. degree in a related field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4) required
- Must currently be enrolled in BS or MS Academic Program
- Must be available to begin the Internship on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 and end on Friday, August 26, 2022.
- Potential interns must be able to commit to at least 40 hours per week throughout the duration of the summer internship.
List of current QA Intern Openings:
- MONO QA Intern
- Mid-Scale QA Intern
- Quality Management Systems QA Intern
- Cell Therapy QA Intern
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law