Facility Engineer DP
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Facility Engineer, you will provide working procedure for operation and maintenance procedures of utility and facility systems.
- Ensure compliance with cGMP, EHS regulations, and local laws, including the technical protocol, installation, operation, and qualification.
- Provide technical support for equipment maintenance, maintenance management, technical improvement proposal, enhancing the overall team capability.
- Carries out preventive maintenance to ensure production smoothly, maintain and repair the faults of Utility&Facility in time, preventive and ad-hoc calibration;
- Supervise and monitor contractors and service maintenance work.
- Responsible for the day-to-day monitoring/operation and preventive/ad-hoc repair and maintenance of all utility and manufacturing equipment/systems, including the calibration of instrumentation and electrical installation/equipment serving the entire manufacturing facility and the execution of all job orders seven days per week and 24 hours a day basis.
- Carry out improvement projects on operations and cost savings.
- Operate and maintain all utility systems i.e. power，water & wastewater system, HVAC system, and process gaseous to support manufacturing operations.
- Play a role in on-site emergency response teams and participate actively in training.
- Meet site's EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) performance objectives through compliance via EHS rules and competent to approve various safety permits for work. Comply with all EHS requirements, never put oneself and others at safety & health risks, and report any workplace accidents, near misses, and hazards as soon as practicable.
- Carry out any other work or task as directed by the Manager
- BS or equivalence level in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering related disciplines preferred
- 5-7 years' hands-on working experience, preferably 3-5 years in pharmaceutical, technical, and/or factory operations focused on utility or Facility.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and high computer literacy.
- Self-motivated, independent and have initiative.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.