Field Service Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As Field Service Technician, you will be required to schedule and complete service events for instruments in-house at Lonza facilities, as well as to those in the field, in order to minimize down-time of related cellular manufacturing processes. Maintenance of documentation for each service event is required. Additionally, participation in the development of service related documentation including manuals, protocols, procedures, training, and online documentation systems are required in parallel.
- Schedule and ensure successful completion of service events in your geographical territory
- Installation and Operational Qualification
- On-demand Service Visits
- Preventative Maintenance
- Dispensation of parts to customer site for instrument upkeep
- Complete documentation paperwork providing a record of service activities, replaced parts, disposition of quarantined components, and any other deviations from standard service protocol.
- Records to be kept up-to-date and maintained in a timely fashion per Lonza protocol
- Provide completed paperwork to Service Coordinator for maintenance of service tracking system
- Collaborate with Service Coordinator to perform root cause investigations, as needed, to diagnose instruments for service/other needs.
- Contribute to discussion of revision of service procedures based on gathered service data
- •Maintenance/upkeep of service toolkits including revision of necessary tools as service procedures evolve.•
- Seek out and participate in conference and training opportunities to further expand technical expertise in the field of Bioreactors/Cellular Manufacturing.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally for service related events
- Book appropriate travel arrangements to optimize visits
- Maintain and submit documentation of travel expenses
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Computer skills, MS Office
- Comfort with hands-on work with fine machinery
- Experience with integrated systems
- Troubleshooting skills – electrical, mechanical, software
- Ability to work in clean environments
- Comfort with measurement tools
- Attention to detail
- Thorough and clear documentation skills
- Systematic and organized workflow
- Independent task management and ability to make decisions
- Effective communicator capable of managing and maintaining good internal and customer relationships
- Willingness to travel
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.