Associate Director, Site Finance
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Associate Director, Site Finance is a key member of the site leadership team (SLT) for our recently acquired manufacturing facility in Lexington, MA. The candidate will need to be an impactful business partner to help define the strategy for the site.
Initial activities will focus on integrating the site into the existing Lonza IT systems and infrastructure, developing insightful reporting and effective KPIs, support commercial organisation in contracting as we secure new clients, and defining a control framework in line with Lonza policies.
The candidate will be highly self-motivated and results driven.
- Takes a leading role as financial “business partner” by supporting the division, business units, key business functions and controlling teams to support, initiate and/or deliver business objectives. Independently navigate within matrix business structure with high degree of partnership and team player skillfulness.
- Manage financial performance of the facility, including KPI development, and annual budget setting
- Responsible for coordinating and executing monthly closing and reporting activities in accordance with IFRS
- Understand key drivers of the business, delivering productivity improvements and initiatives to improve results
- Support Commercial and Proposals team in evaluation and pricing of new customer contracts
- Provide costing and pricing information to support contracting process
- Develop and implement effective control framework which are compliant with internal and external policies
- Involved in any area to provide key financial support in order to steer decisions (e.g. develop business cases to support major capital investment projects)
- BA or MBA in the preferred disciplines: Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering
- Experience in business integration, and working within a large international organization
- Experience with SAP, HFM, SAC preferable, but not required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.