Global MSAT Process Implementation & Support Manager
Global MSAT Process Implementation and Support Manager – Global MSAT Biologics Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Manufacturing, Science and Technology (MSAT) is the beating heart of our global operations. We are a network of experienced and passionate individuals who use groundbreaking solutions to redefine perspectives. We focus on innovation to evolve the link between Lonza, our customers and patient lives we affect. MSAT plays a critical role in the successful transition of innovative technology and biologics process technical transfer oversight from laboratory to cGMP manufacturing scales providing our customers with range of services in the realization of the next generation of therapeutic molecules with one vision “Bring any therapy to life”
The newly formed Global MSAT Biologics team will support the Biologics Operations strategy, in particular regarding customer centricity, providing harmonized deployed services and more consistency in execution. It will also support the new technology introduction that we forecast in the coming years, with accelerated timelines. Internally, this new team will have a close interface with R&D and Corporate Group Operations for early alignment, priority setting, planning and execution of our global improvement agenda. The technical diversity, strong teamwork and cross functional collaboration in a fast paced working environment makes this MSAT role dynamic, exciting and rewarding offering excellent personal and professional development within the function and across Lonza’s global biologics network.
Due to the significant growth and future expansion of Lonza’s biologics manufacturing operations network, we have a vacancy for a Global MSAT Process Implementation and Support Manager working across technologies. This position will lead the process implementation and support team who are responsible for the deployment of new technologies and support across the global network in partnership with R&D. The role is accountable to ensure that robust deployment plans are developed and implemented. The role will also work directly in collaboration with the sites to resolve any cross site technology issues and with Group Operations MSAT professionals to support delivery and process improvement via Game Changing Initatives (GCI’s) programs.
The individual will provide central technical leadership to deliver existing but also new process technology advancement, perform complex technical problem solving and deliver the required cross site support including external customers as required. This role will have established team management experience from a cross technology background.
- Responsible to provide SME technical leadership and know-how directly with cross functional teams across the Lonza Biologics operations network on a day to day basis supporting new process technology transfers between sites ensuring all project time lines, cost, delivery and Quality targets are consistently met.
- Accountable to support and resolve critical network Quality/ technical problems (as required) working cross functionally across sites to maintain internal and external customer project outcomes.
- Accountable to implement new innovative process technologies from R&D into the Global network sites developing project plans cross functionally supporting the on-site teams during all phases of transfer to meet business targets.
- Responsible to provide daily technical coaching and mentoring to members of the Global and site MSAT teams with specific technical problem resolution and improve operational execution. Supports the training and knowledge transfer to improve overall expertise and capability of the Global MSAT network.
- Responsible to work in collaboration with the Global tech operations function to ensure MSAT processes and procedures are continuously improving to reduce cost and time lines as per Lonza business targets.
- Accountable to maintain and establish a professional internal and external network to maintain technical and compliance knowledge and know how consistent with the role objectives and team delivery.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated team management experience either direct or in a matrix organization over a number of years
- Mammalian or microbial background for drug substance development or manufacturing support experience
- Extensive experience in a new process technology development/deployment into GMP operations
- Have demonstrable experience working in cross-functional project management with ability to multi task, prioritize and be an effective decision maker influential.
- Have a deep understanding of manufacturing process as a whole e.g. Supply chain, analytical, QA, QC.
- Strong leadership /interpersonal skills especially resilience to challenge are required with ability to work cross functionally with global internal and external customers on a daily basis.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.