Research Scientist III - Formulation
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Tampa is searching for Research Chemist III (Formulation) The incumbent is responsible for product and process development by focusing on process performance, process robustness and innovation. Experienced in executing projects ensuring consistency with company commitments and goals. Plans, monitors and manages projects from initiation through completion. Scientist, scientific or technical area of expertise.
- Responsible for the successful planning and execution of project formulation development activities in order to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for the product development activities to create formulations made to compendial, customer and other appropriate specifications.
- Coordinates with Analytical Services, Operations, QC, QA, and other groups to ensure project requirements are met.
- Resolves technical issues, makes recommendations for options that would resolve the issue, including a preferred option.
- Works independently, supervised on a daily or weekly basis, recognizes key issues likely to affect successful and/or timely completion.
- Proposes and implements recommendations to processes and procedures designed to increase efficiency, safety or quality.
- Understands revenue associated with each project phase. Flexible with respect to project priorities and ensures that site and/or departmental business objectives are met.
- Complete technical activities, development reports and regulatory support documentation
- Lead problem-solving and trouble-shooting activities (scientific, equipment, process) related to formulation development.
- Responsible for the preparation of product development protocols, reports, Sop’S and other CMC documents.
- Write SOP’s, protocols, reports, change controls and clinical manufacturing related documentation in compliance with internal quality and GLP/GMP requirements
- Maintain accurate lab notebooks and complete related development reports in compliance with SOPs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all defined Safety and Sustainability requirements and expectations and seek clarification whenever Safety and Sustainability requirements and expectations are either unknown or unclear
- Promptly report identified Safety and Sustainability issues, problems, deficiencies, errors, incidents, and/or opportunities to management and correct where possible
- Stop work where deemed necessary to maintain safety
- Familiarity with batch processing in a pharmaceutical, cGMP environment.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP Regulatory requirements for process development, technical transfer, and process changes required.
- Design, plan, and execute experiments based upon scientific methods for problem solving and process development purposes preferred.
- Attention to detail and high-level of organizational skills required Basic project management skills (deliverables, timelines, resources required) is preferred.
- Expert in multiple oral dosage forms such as Orally disintegrating tablets, Immediate and controlled release, Tablet/bead film coating (solvent coating) and spry drying
- Mastering Formulation/Process optimization utilizing Quality by Design principles
- The ability to interact effectively with clients and internal staff from multiple departments.
- Team player, Reliable, self-starting, and organized.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Solid work experience in Pharma CGMP
- Bachelors degree in Science
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.