Global Head Of Supply Chain, Cell & Gene Therapy
United States, Hayward (California)
United States, Houston (Texas)
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The CGT Head of Supply Chain Management will provide supply chain direction, partnership and leverage knowledge across the Business Unit to build a strong global supply chain network, in order to support company objectives as a core member to Operations and Business partner to Commercial Functions. The role provides oversight for supply planning of all products and services, conducts ongoing evaluation of operational systems and processes to maximize effectiveness, and manages an end-to-end view of supply chain. Drive supply alignment to Demand, project & program management, solution development, enhance operational support across the network.
In collaboration with the Sites/assets and Commercial teams, develops supply strategies and plans that enable the targeted strategic growth of the business unit. The CGT Head of Supply Chain facilitates the global network of Site Supply Chain Heads, ensuring superior supply chain performance, driving fact-based, pro-active, and anticipative performance orientation. Driving high performance team culture, quality and compliance with the aim to optimize supply to meet the customer requirements. The function enables system programs like SAP adoption.
In collaboration with global Supply Chain Center of Excellence (GSC CoE), takes accountability for establishing seamless interface with Global Design CoE leads and Regional Deployment leads, and central program management functions.
Acts as BU SC Process Lead across supply chain functions (BU to Site SC Operations), responsible for the overall process functionality of agreed global solution, and for proper process transfer to manufacturing organization, ensuring that all agreed global process information (process description, process flow, master data) are communicated to the business team in an accurate and timely manner. Interfaces with the site/asset heads and site SC heads to coordinate individual process requirements into the overarching facility process fit.
Accountable for ensuring, that the site SC heads develop an appropriate staffing plan in coordination with HR with training performed on due time for operative start. Secures the preparation of operating procedures & documentation.
- Key business partner to the BU Head and the BU Global Head of Operations as well as the BU Commercial Head
- Develop, manage, communicate and plan effectively to ensure alignment with and clear understanding of strategic and supply operational goals
- Ensure implementation of new systems and technology in cooperation with the GSC CoE team.
- Enable strong supply chain teams and develop supply chain professionals.
- Ensure efficient and effective SC business partnering between Commercial and Operations.
- Defines planning and replenishment configurations and supports a supply strategy end to end.
- Optimizes global Supply portfolio allocation and related network supply strategies.
- Assist in the launch of new products by using a design-to-value approach that integrates customer needs, competitive intelligence, and supplier insights into the supply chain
- Responsible for the management of escalation for potential supply issues and ensuring bottleneck management, product allocation are implemented, in collaboration with Commercial and Operations to ensure no customer impact.
- Owns the implementation of the Integrated Business Planning Process (IBP) process for the supply part of the process. Facilitates decisions within the network on capacity and associated supply plans.
- Process Owner for inventory management plans ensuring they are in line with the CGT strategy and financial plans, facilitating the Inventory evolution over the long-term horizon.
- Responsible for the execution of SC operational excellence projects, ensuring the supply chain teams are being supported.
- Responsible for implementation and execution of supply chain standard processes across the entire supply chain, establishing and continuously improving supply chain standard to industry best practice processes.
- As BU SC Process lead, organizes and manages deliverables associated with the integration of new technology platforms and advanced automation which have interdependencies that require collaboration and coordination across multiple disciplines
- As BU SC Operation lead, ensures timely end-user input throughout all phases of the supply chain projects, to secure that the operational point of view are shared with the design team in a formalized User Requirement. Integrates the lead operating and maintenance personnel in the technical solution definition and ensures operations’ acceptance
- Responsible for the performance reporting that enables assessment of past performance and prepares the organization by anticipating the future for pro-active and decision-making. Improve the supply chain parameters to enhance supply productivity improvements.
- Responsible, together with the respective site/asset Heads, for the selection and performance assessment of the local site supply chain organization and leaders.
- Accountable to ensure the development, training, coaching and maintenance of a talent pool that assures a high performance organization.
- Ensures the cross training and opportunities across the supply chain, sharing, and implementation of best practice.
- Ensure compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements and continuous improvement of quality relevant supply chain processes.
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business Administration or similar field of study
- Masters degree preferred
- M6 (Europe) or APICS CPIM certification (US) preferred
- Highly experienced in various Supply Chain functions related to operations management, production or technology management
- Thorough understanding of business processes in the pharmaceutical industry, desirable in the CDMO environment, like Supply Chain/Materials Management/Logistics
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality understanding, Project Management (preferably operations and IT/OT projects) Regulatory, GMP, Product Life Cycle Management.
- Able to develop, deploy and implement a global SC strategy in the entire organization including change management, continuous improvement and process re-design.
- Intercultural experience and ability to act in a complex and rapidly changing business environment within a complex matrix structure
- Experience with change management and ability to lead a large operations group through change process and maintaining the operational performance
- Highly experienced in a managerial capacity within a large international organization.
- Managerial and operational experience obtained through leading teams/functions in production sites, markets/ affiliates and global functions.
- Strong talent development skills and active interest in the Talent agenda.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.