Formulation Technician I
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Walkersville is hiring a formulation technician. This individual will be responsible for performing production functions in the Formulation Area according to company and department SOPs. Individual will perform formulation of all Media products. Individual will perform sterile filtration in a class 100 LFBSC. Individual will maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. Individual will work in a fast-paced, safety oriented, team environment.
- Formulates liquid media products using an Electronic Batch Record
- Formulates liquid media products using a Paper Batch Record
- Weighs materials using various size balances
- Operates various lab equipment: pH meter, Osmometer, Balance, Water Bath
- Performs sterile filtration in a class 100 LFBSC
- Orders and maintains adequate levels of production and laboratory supplies
- Hot Rinses formulation tanks
- Maintains a clean and orderly area. Completes cleaning logs.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years of experience in a cGMP production environment desirable
- Ability to read, understand and follow production schedule, DMRs (Devise Master Records) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Must understand the importance of compliance with GMP and ISO requirements.
- Basic math skills for completion of calculations.
- Ability to operate pallet jack.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook,Word, Excel), SAP, EDMS, and Trackwise
- Must be able to manage time and maintaining regular attendance is mandatory.
- Written and oral communication, team oriented, attention to detail, independent work skills, strong work ethic required.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.