Facilities and Engineering - Electrician
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for a mid-career professional to grow with us. We have this exciting opportunity in the Engineering group for a Facilities and Engineering Specialist – Electrician who will be responsible for support and improve the manufacturing operations
- The delivery of reliable operation and maintenance of the Houston Site Facilities
- Perform Site electrician activities
- Repairs, installs, troubleshoots, and documents work performed on equipment used in manufacturing process.
- Participates in new equipment start-up to ensure it meets all operational requirements and/or parameters.
- Execute equipment Preventive Maintenance activities
- Assists in mechanical service calls and in-house repairs throughout the facility and grounds.
- Performs general repairs throughout facility
- Support weekend on-call response
- Assists in the development, revision and updating of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Revises, maintains and/or implements preventive maintenance procedures for Site Utilties and process equipment
- Make entries into CMMS database which includes but is not limited to asset maintenance, creation and closure of work orders, tracking scheduled maintenance and calibration
- Perform task in clean room environment in compliance with applicable gowning procedures.
- AS in Electronics or related field.
- Electrician License
- Significant experience performing electrical repair, installation trouble shooting of production equipment and facilities in a production/ manufacturing environment.
- Experience supporting a cGMP production facility preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication to include accurate and legible documentation skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, team oriented, independent work skills and a strong work ethic.
- Microsoft Office, organization skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects.