Global MSAT International Tech Transfer Manager
Global MSAT International Tech Transfer Manager – Global MSAT Biologics Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Manufacturing, Science and Technology (MSAT) is the beating heart of our global operations. We are a network of experienced and passionate individuals who use groundbreaking solutions to redefine perspectives. We focus on innovation to evolve the link between Lonza, our customers and patient lives we affect. MSAT plays a critical role in the successful transition of innovative technology and biologics process technical transfer oversight from laboratory to cGMP manufacturing scales providing our customers with range of services in the realization of the next generation of therapeutic molecules with one vison “Bring any therapy to life”
The newly formed Global MSAT Biologics team will support the Biologics Operations strategy. It will also support the new technology introduction that we forecast in the coming years, with accelerated timelines. This team will have a close interface with R&D and Corporate Group Operations supporting our global improvement agenda. The technical diversity, strong teamwork and cross functional collaboration in a fast paced working environment makes the MSAT roles dynamic, exciting and rewarding offering excellent personal and professional development within the function and across the global biologics network.
Due to the significant growth and future expansion of Lonza’s biologics manufacturing operations network, we have a vacancy for a Global MSAT Tech Transfer Manager working across technologies. This position will lead the International Tech Transfer team who are responsible for process transfers from both the Slough pilot center of excellence and site-to-site across the global network. The role is accountable to ensure that a robust manufacturing process is transferred according to both internal and external customer needs. The role will also be accountable with the Group Operations MSAT professionals to drive cost reduction, speed of delivery and process improvement of tech transfers via Game Changing Initatives (GCI’s) programs.
The successful individual will provide central technical leadership via multiple project teams to deliver existing but also new process technology advancement, perform complex technical problem solving and deliver the required complex technical process definition in collaboration, negotiation and discussion with network sites and external customers as required. This role will have established team management experience from a technical discipline.
- To be accountable for all aspects of the Global Tech Transfer Team in the support of the Global Biologics Operational organization to ensure they meet the network goals
- To ensure the team work across sites and across technologies to co-ordinate and support MSAT, Operations, Supply Chain and Project Management so that project timelines are met and process transfers are successful
- To maintain a cross site, cross discipline view of the Customer program to ensure we are ‘One Lonza’ in the eyes of the Customer
- To provide input into R&D, Global MSAT Global Tech Operations and other internal organisations to support the organizational strategy, technology transformation, capital planning and future expansion of the Biologics operations
- To develop and implement improvements in Internal Tech Transfer programs working with Global MSAT Global Tech Operations to reduce cost, enhance consistency and drive innovation to support Lonza Biologics Operations
- To provide leadership and guidance to USP and DSP Operations defining technical scope, planning, both pre and post batch execution according to network/external customer requirements.
What we are looking for:
- Strong leadership / interpersonal skills especially resilience to challenge are required with ability to work cross functionally with global both internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated team management experience either direct or in a matrix organization over a significant number of years
- Mammalian or microbial background for drug substance manufacturing support experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of drug substance GMP operations - preferably in biologics
- Have demonstrated tech transfer expertise gained from a drug substance-manufacturing environment.
- Have demonstrable experience working in cross-functional project management environment with ability to multi task, prioritize and be an effective influential decision maker.
- Have a deep understanding of manufacturing process as a whole e.g. Supply chain, analytical, QA, QC.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.