Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have the exciting opportunity to lead the quality organization at the Bornem, Belgium hard capsule manufacturing site, as Quality Head.
The Quality Head will be responsible to determine control strategies for product and process control and product release as per the intended use and customer product requirements, driving customer satisfaction. As well as to define and drive continuous improvement initiatives with the aim to improve product quality and increase efficiency. Is able to organize, maintain and improve all aspects of the quality system with the aim to assure a continuous compliance of the product, activities and departments with the required standards and GMPs for the manufacture of empty capsule products applicable to their intended use. Responsible for complaint handling, customer projects and quality engineering service activities and leads & supports Audits & Inspections. The Head of Quality is a member of the Site Leadership team
- The Quality Head for the site, is the leading source of Quality and GMP related expertise within the site and is responsible for the management of the Site`s Quality organization.
- Develop, implement and monitor Quality programs/systems, control strategies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable quality and GMP standards, corporate policies, other applicable regulatory references and customer requirements.
- Develop and execute the Quality plan commensurate with the overall site objectives. Ensure alignment with customer needs and linkage with the overall Quality and business strategies.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives to drive Quality programs and ensure maximum productivity.
- Responsible for complaint handling and driving of customer specific projects. Give direction and define priorities for the quality engineering service team.
- Creates and maintains a sustainable quality culture with intrinsically motivated employees who recognize quality as a source of satisfaction.
- Provides appropriate development, coaching and performance feedback to all direct reports. Create active training and development plans for Quality staff with the objective of driving the overall competence and professionalism of the Quality functions.
- Serve as the company Quality expert, providing solid, well-informed, actionable Quality support to Operations, R&T, and other functions as requested.
- Perform other duties that are aligned with the incumbent’s skills, experience and competencies as assigned.
- Master degree or similar in Life Science, Engineering or Chemistry
- Strong communication skills (orally and written)
- Capability to interact with customers under difficult circumstances
- Strong analytical skills and structured approach to problem solving
- Capability to perform end to end impact assessments taking overall business strategies into account
- Capability to translate complex matter in comprehensive summaries
- Instills Trust: gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Manages Ambiguity: operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Global Perspective: taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens
- Builds Networks or Collaborates: effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization: negotiation skills, team building skills, independent work skills, coaching, delegating skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.