HR Coordinators Team Lead
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The position exists to drive the day to day operational Administration Team within the Costa Rica Hub; for the provision of Global Employee Life Cycle services. The post holder will be responsible for driving an Efficient Service delivery model and lead country transitions in accordance with the HR Operations model, team management and development, and driving quality and SLA compliance. The post holder will also be first point of contact for escalations and managing key Stakeholder relationships.
- Ensures the team delivers accurate and timely HR administrative support to stakeholders such as new starters, current employees, managers and the HR community, ensuring adherence to HR procedures and processes
- Motivates and develops the team utilising attendance, performance and career development tools and processes
- Owns and oversees the transition of administrative services from countries within each region into the Costa Rica Hub; providing trackable projects plans and regular updates to the key stakeholders
- Produces statistical information to share with the Regional Lead and Supervisor demonstrating volume, quality / accuracy and SLA compliance
- Interacts and works closely with other HR Services teams and the wider HR Community to deliver best in practice services to the Business
- Ensure Managers, Employees and HR community are adequately informed on changes, processes and developments to the function
- Provides input and ideas to improve transactional process efficiencies, making best use of our systems and capabilities. Assumes ownership for performance against HR Services objectives for areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completed Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration, Engineering, or related areas
- 3 – 5 Years of experience within an HR shared services organization and deep understanding of HR processes
- 2 – 4 Years of experience as Team Leader or Supervisor within and HR Shared services organization
- Proven US and Latin America Workforce Administration processes Experience (2 – 4 years)
- Experience on HR service transition implementations
- Experience in Workday and/or Kronos time management systems
- Experience in Service Now or any other case management system
- Attention to details, time management and organization skills is critical for the position.
- Advanced English language mastery (90% oral and written).
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office, Visio and Project.
- Proficiency in team leadership, coaching and development skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies
- Proficient in Operational Metrics and reporting (KPIs, Dashboards)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Proven experience in people management
- Process improvement mindset and experience on Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to work managing deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Prince 2, Scrum/Agile or PMP certification
- Additional Advanced language skills (Portuguese, German, French or Japanese)
- Lean / Six Sigma certification (Green Belt)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.