Director, Process Development Personalized Medicine
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking to fill an exciting new role of Director, Process Development Personalized Medicine. This role is responsible for managing Process Development for Personalized Medicines within our Shady Grove, Maryland US and Kingston, Canada sites. Defines and provides scientific and strategic guidance and leads client process development processes and drives delivery of agreed targets on time.
- Global Head of Process Development PerMed
- Responsible for Process Development activities in Shady Grove and Kingston sites
- Defines and provides scientific and strategic guidance for Process Development
- Leads client process development process and drives delivery of SOWs on target and on time
- Scientific support for R&D activities
- Member of Global PerMed management team
- Responsible for PerMed Process Development strategy
- Defines and provides scientific and strategic guidance for Process Development in Lonza Shady Grove and Kingston (Canada)
- Scientific support for R&D activities
- Coordinated PD activities with CGT
- Works and coordinates closely with R&D, BD, RA/QA and clinical development
- Member of PerMed management team
- Defines and provides Process Development standards and approaches.
- Establish best practices based on Lonza standards and up to date technology.
- Supports technology transfer and addressing technological challenges
- Contributes to PerMed R&D projects and technology development focus definition
- Drives active knowhow exchange (receive and influence) with Global cell therapy Network (conferences, forums, webinars, regulators, etc.)
- Keep abreast of advances in technology in the Cell and Gene environment, Expand PD and Assay Development competence into new offering fields
- Establish harmonized relationship and network with Lonza PD environment
- Active member of the PerMed management Team
- Active contributor to overall PerMed operations strategy and performance
- Directs Cell and Gene Development in Shady Grove and Kingston
- Interacts with clients to assure the highest standard of services, customer satisfaction and timely achievement of goals
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. or Masters in Biology or similar field with significant experience
- Extensive knowledge of cell biology, tissue acquisition, cell isolation, culture, media development, bioassay development, both upstream and downstream process development and optimization, aseptic processing, and implementation of best practices, assuring process robustness, and tech transfer, along with process scale-out and automated manufacturing platforms
- Strong internal/external communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in customer interactions
- Excellent leadership skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.