Warehousing, Logistics & Trade Compliance Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The ‘Warehousing, Logistics, & Trade Compliance’ manager will be responsible for all activities related to product distribution (internal and external). The role shall be focused on managing the warehousing and distribution activities and will be responsible for a multimillion-euro budget with focus on setting up a best-in-class distribution network. The role shall ensure compliance with all legal requirements associated with cross border trade of goods and raw materials into the Customs territory of Globally (focus on EMEA); manage engagement and performance of all third-party logistics providers including warehousing partners, land and ocean carriers, consolidators, and air-freight forwarders to ensure service expectations are consistently met. The role will also lead related projects (examples include but not limited to defining the network distribution strategy, finding suitable long-term partners, auditing, and setting up warehouses in the EMEA network, set up trade flows to ensure a lean flow across the distribution network).
• Lead a team of 2 direct reports (total span of control: 15 ee) involved in logistics and warehousing activities
• Develop, implement, and maintain an optimized network to ensure supply lanes that give Lonza a competitive edge
• Manage a multimillion-euro budget related to warehousing, transport, and customs/trade related expenses
• Establish best in class global cold chain logistics operations network leveraging land (heavier focus on LTL/TL) and ocean carrier relationships and ensuring port to port operations consistently deliver on cost and service
• Identify enhancements to operations, logistics, and supply chain and lead implementation of cross-functional improvements
• Manage all response and communications with customs, federal trade agencies, requests for import information, etc. Act as a primary liaison and develop positive relationships between the Company and the appropriate partners to ensure our high levels of service
• Define and implement cost saving opportunities across the network
• Other duties as required
- Bachelor degree (Business Administration/ Supply Chain)
- MBA preferred
- Supply Chain certifications (APICs/ Six Sigma Green belt) considered a plus
- Project management certifications considered a plus
- High-level excel and presentation skills
- Strong project development, implementation, and management skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently, with guidance in only complex situations
- Extensive experience in logistics, warehousing, and trade compliance
- Successfully managed a team in the past
- Responsible for a budget
- Project management experience
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.