Process Engineer Manufacturing
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Process Engineer Manufacturing to join our Engineering team at Lonza Bornem. The Process Engineer supports site Operations, R&D and Quality to execute improvement plans utilizing Six Sigma, Lean and other approaches to improve the overall performance of the business.
- Adjust process parameters in consultation with production management (instructions, use of follow-up tools)
- Organize the activities for production machine changes and special productions (size/bar changes, supros, special lengths)
- Discuss shift report of production shift supervisor and start actions where appropriate. Conduct shift meeting together with production departments and M&E departments
- Daily inspection and follow-up of the hard gelatine capsule machines for quality and quantity (scrap/losses). Accordingly, implement and delegate to day workers the actions to be taken (dimensional control, parameters humidity, weights, HCM set point changes, etc.)
- Maintain close contacts with production operators, mechanics and QA engineers, explain procedures and motivate production personnel
- Supervise the cleanliness and hygiene status (GMP) of the production room and correct where necessary
- Guard process capabilities and take appropriate actions where needed (standardization of process)
- Train new operators and colleagues in capsule production and in procedures, as well as in capsule quantity importance
- Propose and implement process changes and programs also according quality plan, capital plan, Hfc program, HCM speed program and other programs
- Participate in quality teams and RFT projects
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master degree in Engineering in Elektromechanica, Chemistry, Bio-engineering or equivalent
- Experienced in working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong project development, implementation, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with guidance in only complex situations
- Knowledge of continuous improvement (greenbelt is a plus)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Fluent in English and Dutch
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.