Internship Process Technology Support
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Intern will work in a dynamic and interesting environment with insight into different topics. You will perform various tasks focusing the pretreatment of waste generated by Pharmaceutical processes. This is a unique opportunity for a young student willing to gain experience supporting process technology group working closely with production.
In general, the student will support the following key activities of the Process Technology group in the Lonza Pharma Biotech and Nutrition Sector for around 6 months between May – October 2022 .
- Support internal projects in the area of Waste water technology and Solvent recovery
- Carry out Laboratory trials to support process development.
- Evaluate alternative Technologies for the pre-treatment of Process waste.
- Document project results and support Data base activities.
- Knowledge in Thermodynamics and Process development.
- Have a high affinity to understand and optimize chemical Processes.
- Interest in Environmental Process Engineering and waste treatment.
- Creative, yet structured problem solver and autonomous self-starter.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Graduated or about to finish your bachelor, preferably Chemical or process Engineering or related studies.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities with understanding of Process Simulation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both German and English
- Strong interpersonal credibility, reliability, and service mentality.
- Highest ethical standards, able to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Eligible to live and work in Switzerland
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.