Demand Production Buyer/Planner
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Kingston is hiring demand production buyer/planner. This individuals primary responsibilities are planning and procuring the raw materials and supplies necessary for the production our finished goods. This role supports operations in the R&D, Engineering, Biology Lab, Manufacturing, MSAT and Supply Chain. The incumbent is also responsible to work closely with the Purchasing and Supply Chain management team local at the Kingston Site.
- Procures materials components, equipment, supplies and services necessary for the operation of the company
- Plan, schedule, and monitor goods and services to meet the production requirements of the company employing such techniques but not limited to JIT, Kanban, Blanket POs, and Reschedules
- Check requisitions and MRP requirements, contact and evaluate sources
- Set-up and maintain material, supplier and planning system data in the MRP/ERP system
- Exercise a good working knowledge of goods, services, and sources of supply to make purchases at prices consistent with quality and quantity requirements
- Determine material requirements from Biology, Engineering and production schedules and coordinate the efficient movement of materials through production cycle
- Identify and evaluate sources of supply consistent with quality and quantity requirement of the company
- Evaluates bids consistent with the total cost of ownership
- Establish goals and objectives that support the department and company objectives. Follow up on objectives to ensure compliance
- Take on special assignments as warranted; such as projects to resource commodities
- Work with receiving, finance and suppliers to reconcile discrepancies in receiving and invoicing
- Develop, Implement and Support sourcing and supplier management initiatives
- Negotiate pricing, delivery, lead-time, etc., with suppliers and partner; Ensure that the highest quality standards are maintained in all functions & responsibilities of the job as well as executed in a manner, which supports companies quality standards
- Maintain Metrics, Support Lean activities and initiatives and Support EHS activities and initiatives
- Perform other duties/special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree is required – preferably in purchasing.
- 5-10 years of purchasing experience
- 0-4 years of planning experience is preferred
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.