Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
- To support Sales and PM in securing new business.
- Responsible for the translation of customer needs into project scope, timelines, costs (including CAPEX), quotations and pricing by coordinating and working with multiple technical, operational and commercial groups.
- Partner with sales to provide technical expertise in customer discussions on new business.
- Ensure good understanding of customer requests and technical project needs.
- Act as a consultant to help customers select the best possible services for their needs.
- Generate technical project strategies to assist the customer in achieving their CMC timelines through pre-clinical and commercialization.
- Sell the Lonza Value Proposition and proposal to the customer, including technical elements (not expected to be an SME).
- Accurately transcribe proposals into asset, resource and financial planning systems as appropriate.
- Connect with other sites and technologies as appropriate to ensure the whole Customer Product Lifecycle joins up into one plan.
- Work with operational groups and finance to ensure the planned and actual scope is as accurate as possible.
- Attend or lead new customer site meetings (some off sites meetings may also be required).
- Perform other duties as required including supporting the Global Proposal Team.
- Degree in life sciences or related discipline.
PhD degree in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biology or Biochemistry or related field preferred
- At least 5 years industry experience in a Pharmaceutical company with development, analytics and/or manufacture, with experience in clinical product development and commercialization of biopharmaceuticals.
- Customer facing experience.
- Sound technical background with ability to understand other technical disciplines.
- Proficient in both written and spoken Mandarin and English Languages
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, scientific projects and make sound scientific and regulatory interpretations and judgments.
Strong project coordination and management skills.
Experience in generating technical project strategies.
Proficiency in English required. German preferred.
- Experience of program / project management within a scientific environment.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and communication skills appropriate to a matrix environment.
- Ability to identify creative commercial, workable solutions.
- Strong team Player.
- Proven persuasive communication skills in a scientific and technical environment.
- Experience in working with a multi-national team.
Attention to detail; self-motivation with strong organization, communication (written and verbal) and computer skills (expertise with MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, database-based applications).
Diplomacy, negotiation skills, independent work skills, strong work ethic.
Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, pressured environment.
Customer facing experience.
- Self-driven, strong team player, innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, strong communicator, customer focused, can-do-attitude, good IT skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.