Operational Technology Technician (Night Shift)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Operational Technology Technician is responsible to support ongoing Lonza operations by providing technical assistance as it relates to the manufacturing and process automation systems. The incumbent provides technical support to operations customers to ensure Operational Technology (OT) systems and infrastructure are designed and operating to meet production needs. Assist with OT related input into continuous improvements initiatives and capital investments.
- Deliver 24x7x365 support to manufacturing operations by troubleshooting equipment, systems, instrumentation, servers and processes to resolve issues that may arise during manufacturing campaigns.
- Provide process automation support for ongoing production operations and new equipment/process introductions.
- Provide off-shift and on-call (as part of a rotation) support when necessary.
- Provide on the floor operational support as needed.
- Assist other departments in evaluating historical process/equipment data.
- Monitor and troubleshoot daily system backups.
- Trains users in the basic operation and maintenance of computers and related components
- Effectively communicate progress and opportunities (i.e. roadblocks) to stakeholders.
- Perform as owner for F&E equipment and systems.
- Perform as system administrator for manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Responsible for Periodic review of the OT systems.
- Responsible for assuring various user levels have appropriate, documented training and authorization for access to F&E managed computer systems.
- Responsible for backup/archiving/restoring of OT configuration and batch/recipe/methods.
- Support or maintain the OT network, control and I/O level networks.
- Increase process control by utilizing automation concepts and solutions.
- Review and improve site OT standards for hardware and software.
- Improve OT Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support projects and ensure site OT standards are followed.
- Support review of Qualification/Validation protocols and related documentation, including project/master plan and assessments.
- Support internal and external audits and regulatory inspections.
- Ensure new and legacy systems comply with current IT/OT security policies and regulations, including FDA 21 CFR part 11 and Annex 11.
- Evaluates and utilize technology to incorporate innovation into process and equipment designs.
- Interact with internal/external customers (i.e. MSAT) and evaluate process requirements to ensure the facility and equipment OT capabilities can accommodate.
- AS Degree in Mechanical, Electronic, Instrumentation or Electrical Field.
- Significant experience in automate hardware, software, instrumentation and computerized system administration associated with equipment supporting a production environment.
- Hands on experience with the following platforms and systems: Unicorn, OSIsoft PI, Vaisala ViewLinc, Rockwell, Automated Logic WebCTRL, Wonderware System Platform, Window OS, DCS and Industrial Communication Networks.
- cGMP experience preferred.
- Excellent troubleshoot skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Works well in team environment and independently.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.