Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is hiring a facility engineer. This individual will provide engineering services plant wide for site maintenance, upgrades, capital projects and process related initiatives. As a SME is responsible for mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting and breakdown response of all plant utility systems.
- Support Site Utility Systems (as an SME of Electrical, HVAC, Compressed Air, Water and Clean Steam Systems). Work with Maintenance to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operations of all assigned Site Utility systems. Improve site energy/utility efficiency in support of cost savings initiatives.
- Provide engineering support for CAPEX and OPEX projects, facility and utility upgrades, and commissioning, qualification and validation activities. Engineering support will include lyophilization upgrades & similar projects where SME knowledge is required.
- Assist mechanics in troubleshooting Site Utility Systems. Coordinate with vendors and production for systems upgrades, changes, maintenance and breakdowns.
- Assist with developing, revising and reviewing Facility Standard Operating Procedures and Predicted and Preventive Maintenance.
- Manage CAPEX projects involving facility and utility upgrades and upkeep.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related discipline.
- Experience: 5+ years with Facility experience.
- Experience in a cGMP manufacturing facility
- Preferred Licenses or Certifications: SME knowledge of: Electrical, HVAC, Water and Compressed Air Systems, and Plant Distribution. AutoCAD & SAP a plus.
- Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Managing small and medium projects with little direction.
- Able to interact with contractors, consultants and other resources as required.
- Microsoft Office, organization skills, record keeping and the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.