Biotechnologist - Incolum (Part Time)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
An opportunity has arisen in our global Manufacturing Plant at the center of excellence in Slough. We are currently looking to recruit a Biotechnologist to join our Inoculum project (Cell Banking) on a part time basis. This position will be working 19 hours a week including a half day on Friday or Monday and full working days on Saturday and Sunday.
The Biotechnologist will create and maintain inoculum cell culture of mammalian cell lines within a cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) clean room environment. Inoculum cell culture is the starting material for the manufacture of clinical product at Lonza Biologics Slough.
The role will require the operator to be qualified in aseptic operations which includes cell revival, subculture and pooling cultures for inoculation into the next step.
- Maintenance of cell cultures to GMP using aseptic technique with accurate completion of batch records and log books.
- Cell counting, environmental monitoring and aseptic activities.
- Routine Laboratory maintenance (equipment checks, stores, cleaning).
- Stock solution and medium preparation, followed by aseptic filtration.
- Maintain up-to-date cGMP and safety trainings
- Previous Cell Culture experience is essential
- Manufacturing or Production experience is desirable
- Working understanding of GMP regulations are desirable.
- BSc in Life Sciences or related degree OR relevant Cell Culture experience is required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.