Administrative Assistant, Manufacturing
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position reports to the leader of the Greenwood hard capsule manufacturing department and is responsible to acquire, organize, and present all manufacturing data in a professional and concise manner. Perform all administrative assistance duties supporting multiple operations departments. Perform high-volume data entry and generate presentations to accurately depict status of operations.
- Create and maintain various data bases to track downtime, scrap, production yields, changeovers, gel usage, HCM operating time for the Lonza Greenwood operations groups. Report information to other Lonza global affiliates in an appropriate and accurate format. Create and maintain monthly colleague and equipment performance data.
- Ensure effective communication throughout Operational departments through creation and distribution of Weekly Highlights.
- Purchase, provide and maintain inventory of office supplies for operational groups and departments.
- Enter all purchase and service related requisitions for the operations teams. Provide reports for account tracking and budget reviews.
- Accountable to track all received goods for the group to guarantee vendors are paid correctly and promptly.
- Monthly monitoring of company uniform service invoices to ensure charges are accurate.
- Enter purchase requisitions for other departments as requested.
- Process packages for shipment through logistics shipping website. Also includes shipping international packages which require export documents for customs clearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be capable and willing to work extended hours which could include overtime, weekends and holidays on as needed basis.
- Attendance on-site is considered an essential function.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.