Cell Therapy Manufacturing Manager, 2nd Shift
Cell Therapy Manufacturing Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for ensuring the leading successful execution and continued technical support for customer’s and company’s processes in order to meet established timelines and quality objectives. The qualified individual will also demonstrate role model behavior with regards safety standards and will ensure all activities are performed according the safety practices and approved procedures with adherence to cGMPs.
- Accountable of the adherence to safety and cGMP regulations of the team.
- Ensures planning adherence of daily activities in the clean room and provide second line of problem solving in case of any event.
- Accountable of the maintenance of the material stock needed in production areas.
- Provides coaching and mentoring in the technical and managerial topics.
- Assist senior staff to support Manufacturing and customer through process and process equipment troubleshooting.
- Escalation to high management and interaction with other stakeholders in case of any event (Deviation Investigation Team, QA, MSAT, FE, etc.).
- Contributor or leader on MFG and OE projects to optimize and streamline processes.
- Assists with evaluation of process requirements to ensure facility and equipment capability design.
- Assess new proposals from prospective customers.
- Responsible to interact with customer regarding operations performance.
- Reviews and approves Batch Records, Change Controls, Deviations and other documentation required for production operations.
- SME during audits for all activities performed in the area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Science/ Life Science discipline.
- Extensive experience in a pharma/ biopharma production leadership role. Must have an extensive background in the growth and development of a team.
- Extensive experience working in a cGMP environment.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift hours and be on-call for weekend support.
- Ability to trouble shoot process and equipment issues and recommend effective solutions.
- Quality decision making in complex situations.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Experience using ERP system.
- Change promoter.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.