Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Operational buyer for Hard Capsules and Ingredients will manage the materials from setting up in SAP to placing purchase orders. This position will also coordinate the supply and ensure the proper levels of materials are maintained for any direct materials needed to operate the Greenwood site and most of the direct materials for Puebla site as well.
- Maintain Procurement data in SAP: PIR, SL, lead-times, outline agreement & documentation
- Monitor and track supplier performance and feedback to category managers or strategic buyers.
- Drive improvements on time delivery, quality conformance, and compliance issues.
- Support the implementation of supplier changes and other initiatives led by category managers or strategic buyers
- Collaborate with the broader procurement team to ensure relevant material & vendor master data and outline agreements / PO Contracts are available in SAP and are up to date
- Manage all Level 2 Vendor issues, including but not limited to:
- Expediting delivery confirmation dates that don’t meet our MRP and production needs
- MRP Driven delivery date (“Push Out” or “Pull In”)
- Following up with Vendors on price, unit of measure, payment terms, PO information discrepancies
- Delivery and shipping related issues and inquiries Late or missing PO confirmations
- Manage and resolve Vendor Returns (RMA, Cost Recovery, Replacements)
- Perform regular open order review meeting with suppliers
- Manage AP Inquiries
- Support internal cross-functional stakeholders to onboard and approve new raw materials and suppliers
- Manage competitive bid process (per applicable policy) and/or execute RFx market interventions
- Support category managers or strategic buyers in negotiating low value contracts with suppliers
- AS or BS Degree in Business or Supply Chain strongly preferred
- Purchasing, inventory and distribution management skills
- Knowledge of the relevant product sector
- Managerial abilities and budgeting, forecasting and cost control skills
- Negotiation skills and ability to close business transactions
- Knowledge of administrative procedures relating to purchase orders
- Knowledge of regulations concerning commercial transactions
- Ability to use SAP and office programs
- Analytical Skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.