Supply Chain Analyst
Supply Chain Analyst
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Supply Chain Analyst has the primary purpose of leading the development, planning and implementation of projects and strategies to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of the Supply Chain distribution department for an exciting and dynamic contract manufacturing distribution operation supporting the Pharma and health & nutrition market. It is an entrepreneurial position where the appropriate candidate makes a significant impact on the overall success of the business by influencing every point in the supply chain. This position plays a significant role in the end-to-end supply chain for warehousing and transportation from systems management strategies, all the way to the customer via optimized logistics. There will be a focus on systems development and integration to drive on time delivery, raw material handling and general warehousing service level improvements. This position will be responsible for supporting all shipping lanes at the DC as needed, which includes Ingredients; and works with the DC Manager to coordinate carrier rates and carrier selection decisions.
- Lead warehousing and transportation design process to drive improvement on quality, delivery, cost, risk, and flexibility for long term success
- Improve the warehouse and inventory activities by harnessing SAP’s capabilities, supplementing it by creating tools to ensure appropriate handling of RM/FG and shipped dates are promised to customers
- Analyze warehousing and shipping processes using: value stream mapping, new product implementation, identification of alternate materials / processes, root cause analysis, control plans on critical processes, value engineering or aligning requirements to process capabilities
- Work as the supply chain project leader to ensure the material pipeline will be aligned warehousing and transportation strategies
- Effectively interact with 3PLs, Sales and Operations to create and implement value propositions
- Leads or conducts solution assessment for transportation, warehousing and systems process improvements to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs within the organization
- Reviews test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and participates in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements within the organization
- Conducts problem analysis as needed. Escalates complex issues for additional analysis and resolution as appropriate.
- Establish and monitor transportation, warehouse and systems KPIs focused on continuous improvement.
- Associates degree in Business, IT, Engineering, Supply Chain, or similar field required.
- Bachelors degree in Business, IT, Engineering, Supply Chain, or similar field preferred.
- Advanced experience in logistics required.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multi-discipline teams.
- Must be able to interact with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Must be able to make timely and sound business decisions.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.