Manager, Manufacturing Media
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is hiring a Manufacturing Manager. This individual will manage and direct all work activities of one or more of the following functions in the production of large scale liquid and powdered media manufacturing (compounding, formulation, filtration, aseptic processing, labeling and kitting) and manufacturing support services (autoclaves, dehydrogenation ovens, equipment/vial washing (manual/automated), cleaning (manual/CIP/COP), SIP, etc.) under cGMP and safe conditions.
- In collaboration with Asset Head and other cross-functional units, develops key performance indicators and leads team to meet those goals in order to ensure asset profitability and success. Uses key metrics for identifying and driving process improvements; Identifies and drives continuous improvement initiatives regarding lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Spends time on the floor providing coaching and mentoring to supervisors and manufacturing associates both in execution of their group responsibilities and in their own personal development. Lead by example through open and respectful communication; create a positive atmosphere of respect, accountability, people development and continuous improvement.
- Manages upkeep of equipment and processes through ensuring preventative maintenance and validation schedules are met. Initiates changes controls for equipment and process changes. Reviews and approves validation documents and reports.
- Participates in the technical transfer of products and processes into operations.
- Manages timely investigation and resolution of manufacturing deviations, EENs, OOSs, CAPAs and customer complaints. Addresses audit observations as necessary.
- Reviews process orders and product recipes. Determines reasons for Production Variances, performs data analysis & trending to improve recipe accuracy.
- Manages development and implementation of departmental procedures, batch records, labels and other written materials as required.
- Represents the Media Manufacturing organization during audits and regulatory inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 15+ years directly related manufacturing experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years directly related manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Experience with 6S and Lean Manufacturing.
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt preferred.
- Strong leadership skills; strong communication, technical writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision making.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- The capacity to inspire and motivate a large team in the achievement of specific objectives and for them to carry ultimate responsibility.
- Must be able to break down complex problems and tasks into activities capable of being performed by personnel.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous. Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, managing resources and handling competing priorities.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.