Plant Lead - Purification (Day Shift)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for a Plant Lead to join our Purification team in our global Manufacturing Plant at the center of excellence in Slough, UK. The position is a day-time shift role (6am to 6pm).
The role of the Plant Lead is to be responsible for the on the floor tactical oversight of the activities that are key to the production of APIs under cGMP conditions, setting the example for safety, compliance and quality alongside the training and development of the team.
- Accountable for efficient and effective daily scheduling and assignment of appropriate resources to meet processing and product release schedules.
- Manages off hours support.
- Plan and schedule daily activities.
- Review executed batch records and issue materials used in process.
- Get in front of potential process issues.
- Provide assistance and troubleshooting of equipment and process.
- To ensure all processes are executed in accordance with all safety precautions, and GMP requirements relevant to the task being performed.
- Adherence to cGMPs is required at all times.
- To ensure own GMP training is maintained to the defined training plan.
- Creation and maintenance of GMP documentation.
- Ensure effective liaison/communication with all departments on process execution and assist with process improvements
- Effectively contribute to team resources to maintain agreed production schedules, control bottleneck process performance and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity.
- Demonstrates reliability, good time keeping and a responsible team/customer orientated attitude.
- Ensure scheduling requirements are accurate and well maintained with trained resource for processing steps.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in a GMP environment is essential.
- Extensive experience of managing teams of up to 10 people is essential.
- A strong understanding of tools such as Trackwise is desirable.
- Current or previous responsibility for scheduling tasks and assignment of resources.
- Operational Excellence and Continuous improvement expertise.
- Biopharma experience is desirable but not essential.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.