Logistics Technical Supervisor
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Logistics Technical Supervisor provides technical direction within the Logistics department on a daily basis. Assists area Supervisors with all phases of projects associated with Logistics. Represents the Logistics operation during customer meetings and audits / regulatory inspections. Develops appropriate tracking tools to ensure processes are being performed efficiently. Operates as a project liaison between Lonza departments and Logistics. Direct supervision of the Inventory Control team. General support of Logistic operations withing the Portsmouth facility.
- Create and manage all manner of quality system processes (CAPA, Change Control, Document revisions, etc.) in support of Logistics changes and improvements.
- Review and approval of deviations on behalf of Logistics, as it relates to SOP and continuous improvement processes.
- Ensure that the Logistics area and team are inspection ready at all times. Have the ability to conduct warehouse tours in support of customer / regulatory audits. Develop relationships with external customers.
- Assist area leaders during project planning and implementation in Logistics department. Act as liaison between manufacturing assets and Logistics to drive project progress. Build meaningful business relationships with internal customers.
- Act as direct Supervisor to Inventory Control team. This includes all standard Supervisory duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business or Science preferred
- SAP, Microsoft office, knowledge of GMP standards and practices
- Ability to troubleshoot (root cause analysis) and resolve problems
- Strong written and verbal skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.