Senior Product Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Product Manager for Personalized Medicine is responsible for the creation and execution of the marketing plans and go to market strategies for the Personalized Medicine Business Unit within Lonza to achieve the sales and profit objectives for the designated portfolio area. This role will work closely with key senior stakeholders in the Division and Business Unit (e.g. Sales, CD, R&D etc.) and within Central Marketing across services, technologies, and product offerings. Additionally the role works with Lonza’s Central Marketing to set and control budget to increase brand awareness, generate and nurture leads, measure impact, and support current and future client relationships. This role will require an individual to work with the Head of Commercial Development, the Head of Global Sales, and central Lonza marketing, to set an overall strategic vision for the BU and execute on that vision. The main purpose of the role is to support the Personalized Medicine business unit’s short and long term objectives underpinned by deep market understanding and customer insights; and to ensure marketing and communication strategies deliver on defined goals. A key responsibility of the role is to develop and deliver the content strategy and plan that supports the BUs objectives, and bolsters Lonza’s thought leadership credentials. The individual in this role is expected to work collaboratively with other relevant business units (CGT, LBS etc) within Lonza to help ensure technology and services marketing and communication strategies are aligned
- Awareness build - thought leadership and content marketing
- Demand generation - marketo-based outreach programs and social media channels
- Webinars – co-planning, promotion, execution with organizers, reporting
- Conferences / Workshops– exhibitor visitors, podium attendees, etc.
- Media plans – editorial calendar with Subject Matter Experts, PR media interface, advertising
- Planning Website content - campaign home pages, gated content, integrated lead process
- Budget accountability – support annual planning, business cases
- Strategic Marketing – liaise with central marketing to execute digital campaign management
- Sales / Business Development – channel mix and customer events
- Sponsored research collaborations – manage KOL relationships with all SRAs and strategic partners
Marketing Plan Development:
- Develop the Personalized Medicine marketing plan. Identify attractive markets, develop value propositions, positioning and compelling go-to-market communication strategies for new offerings with key stakeholders.
- Design strategies that maximize the growth of our business and drive commercial success
- Drive adoption of Lonza technologies by relevant customer segments through various channels to identify prospects and nurture leads for opportunity conversion by our BD team
Content Strategy & Value Proposition:
- Collaborate with key stake holders to build a content roadmap to ensure the development and delivery of a pipeline of pillar content (authored by SMEs) supporting the establishment of external thought leadership and increased share of voice.
- Drive the development of new, and updating of existing, sales and offering collateral such as customer presentations and videos.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, target market segments globally, including an intimate appreciation of customer needs and how to optimally engage through differentiated offerings, compelling value propositions and messaging through the most appropriate channels.
- Build and maintain customer and industry relationships and company visibility necessary to drive the business strategy. Interface with users, key opinion leaders and customer facing internal teams such as Sales, Scientific Support and Marketing through regular field visits, conference attendance and industry expert panel participation.
- Assist commercial development in securing, and take ownership of, sponsored research agreements with leading SMEs in the field ensuring that insightful content/data is generated and published through various channels, with focus on peer-reviewed
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry or equivalent. MBA and/or Phd preferred
- Competence developing business cases and proposals using sound financial principles
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Professional and effective presentation skills for a range of audiences at all levels of the organization
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop credibility with senior management
- Working experience in a business development, strategic marketing and/or portfolio management role
- Working experience managing new product development projects and conducting market and customer intelligence activities•
- Solid fluency in spoken and written English•Relevant technical and market/ customer knowledge of the assigned product areas and/or target applications is preferred.
- Past laboratory work highly desirable.
- Previous experience with strategic planning, pricing, and developing marketing campaigns.
- Previous experience with routine customer or client interactions in a sales or sales support function.
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects in a relevant business context.
- Formal project management training highly desired
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.