Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Logistics Specialist contributes and supports the operations of the Logistics department with awareness and knowledge of the various areas of the operation Receiving, Shipping Warehousing and Inventory control. The Logistics specialist displays a full understanding of the warehouse daily functions as well as the process flow for their assigned job area (Shipping, Receiving, Forward Pick Area and Warehouse). Utilizes the SAP system to perform transactions such as Good Receipt, Stock Overview, Stock Put away and Material Movement all while ensuring GMP compliance.
Overtime would be available and sometimes required.
- Perform general stores supply process (Location, Retrieval, Disposition, and Restock).
- Accurately enters a variety of SAP transactions (Goods Receipt, Stock Overview, Stock Put-away, and Material Movements).
- Safely, properly and efficiently operate a forklift.
- The job functions for this position are primarily aligned to receiving.
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelors preferred
- Expresses values of the company in a positive manner.
- Constructive proactive communication.
- Positive team oriented attitude.
- Excellent work record (includes tardiness and absenteeism record).
- Attention to detail, producing minimal error rate.
- Functional computer knowledge specifically Word, Excel, Outlook or equivalent.
- Ability to receive, track and distribute stock.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions in English.
- Ability to comply with detailed procedures.
- Ability to perform math with assistance of calculator.
- Ability to prepare and follow routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
- Requires standing/walking for more than 4 hours per day.
- Requires current, valid driver's license.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.