QA Operations Group Lead
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking to recruit QA Operations Group Leaders to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The QA Operations Group Leader will ensure that Quality is maintained in compliance with cGMPs at an appropriate level meeting, customer and regulatory expectations and to enable the Lonza Slough Site to deliver to relevant targets.
At present we have 2 vacancies, which include working Monday-Friday or working Tuesday- Saturday which comes with a shift premium.
- Resource plan and maintain visibility of the team’s workload ensuring completion of activities assigned to direct reports to achieve team and business goals
- Proactively identify improved ways of working within QA Operations team
- Manage and escalate major and critical compliance issues through the site PQS processes
- Auditing documentation generated during manufacturing processes and for ancillary areas of manufacturing, co-ordinating of review and any follow-up actions/corrections of GMP documentation. Auditing documentation generated during development and laboratory processes, including protocols, assays/raw data and validation reports.
- Expand and utilise knowledge of quality procedures to identify and report non-conformances and resolve issues arising in the area via interaction with the relevant personnel.
- Assist in preparation of area for inspection readiness.
- Developing ability to interpret and apply GMP regulations consistently.
- Mentor and train other departments in QA skills and knowledge.
- Deviation QA approver for Minor deviations/CAPAs/tasks and HOLD notices.
What we need you to have:
- BSc in Life Sciences
- Hands on industry experience within Quality Assurance in a GMP environment.
- Previous experience within leading a team within a QA environment, will be leading a team of up to 10.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office – Word, Explorer, Excel, Access, Outlook.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.