Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Maintenance Engineer, you will provide technical support to manufacturing and maintenance on process instrumentation and analyzers for manufacturing and maintenance diagnostics, calibration, and reliability issues.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with engineering standard and procedures.
- Utilize troubleshooting skills and associated tools required to operate/maintenance of system.
- Support operations by ensuring equipment are well maintained and review maintenance records and reports submitted by technicians.
- Provides operational and maintenance support for the successful and uninterrupted operation of manufacturing systems used in manufacture of biologics products like bioreactors, purification equipment, media & buffer system.
- As suite maintenance team to provide technical support for all suite maintenance activities to ensure business continuity on process equipment performance and optimally control of resources to gain competitive business advantage.
- Ensure availability of plant equipment by determining work priorities, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing maintenance program, procedures and personnel policies to prevent production downtime. Ensure that all the relevant procedures including technical training are updated. Ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with engineering standard and procedures. Ensure all routine repair and maintenance activities are completed on schedule.
- Complete any breakdown repair of equipment and ensuring corrective action/preventive actions (CAPA) are in place to eliminate similar breakdown. Oversee contractors and vendors to ensure equipment is maintained in full operational status. Utilize troubleshooting skills and associated tools required to operate/maintenance of system.
- Participate the investigations on deviation, audit, manufacturing process and propose CAPA. Ensure all GMP documentation related to maintenance activities is completed accurately and processed to full completion. Support operations by ensuring equipment are well maintained and review maintenance records and reports submitted by technicians.
- Support new CAPEX project construction and commissioning activities; provide maintenance expertise input on equipment MRO related issues e.g. spares recommendations, PM programs, etc.
- Be available on-call when require to support ongoing operation. Respond to maintenance calls/service breakdown calls in a timely manner.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- BS or equivalence level in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering related disciplines preferred
- Significant working experience in pharmaceutical/Biologics background.
- Maintenance expert at bio-pharmaceutical process equipment.
- Ability to read PID drawing, instrument loop drawings.
- Experience in TPM, OEE, SAP maintenance program and spare parts management is an added advantage.
- Fluent in Chinese and English, both oral and written.
- GMP knowledge particular on utility and facility area.
- Experienced user of MS Office software.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks.
- Strong problem solving ability, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.