Operational Buyer - CAPEX
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While Lonza works in science, there’s no magic formula to how he does it. Their greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Lonza manufacturing site in Visp, Switzerland is growing and, for the Biologics organization, Randstad (Switzerland) AG, is currently looking for an order management expert (CAPEX Procurement) to join the Operational Buying team. This position is temporary and for 12 months.
In this role you will be responsible for Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order process coordination, as well as invoice reconciliation activities.
- Provide PO/Invoice management assistance and support to CAPEX Procurement and Project teams
- Assist Procurement and our EPCM partners and key vendors with commercial and PO/Invoice activities.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable and the P2P enablement team to resolve invoice queries and GRIR queries.
- Review and validate Purchase Requisition for CAPEX and indirect products/services for sites in scope
- Create and expedite Purchase Orders, verify PO receipt by vendors • Identify and manage late invoice payments
- Manage bank guarantees
- Monitor data accuracy in SAP (e.g. PO receipt and fulfilment dates)
- Support Project Cost Controlling in the preparation of monthly project reports
- Assist where needed with vendor commercial engagements, contract preparation, execution and go to market events.
- Manage working relationships with partner teams (PMO, Procurement, Accounts Payables etc.)
- Perform analysis of the performed tasks to assist with streamlining of Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Payments settlement processes.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and innovation within the immediate team. Become part of this exciting opportunity and apply now!
- Academic background: Commercial Apprenticeship Profile E/M or Swiss Matura Diploma or a University degree
- Curious and observant team player, willingness to expand own expertise and learn on the go.
- Out of the box thinker, ability to adapt to varying workloads and to prioritize business needs.
- Previous experience in project procurement (knowledge of CAPEX procurement preferred)
- Experience with Operational Procurement and Requisition-to-Purchase processes
- Familiarity with SAP and a good handle of the MS Office
- Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Communicative, able to work with a minimum supervision
- Able to deal with Ambiguity - can manage shifting priorities, and demands
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, • Must have languages: Fluent English and a good working knowledge of German Every day
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.